The purpose of this assignment is to learn the origins of chemical names and
symbols, while having fun writing poetry.
- Write down the last two digits of your phone number.
- Look up the element with this atomic number. Write down
the symbol of this element.
- Write down the name of this element.
- Use any two reference sources to determine the origin of
the name and symbol of this element. Tell the origin, and list both
- Write a haiku about this element. This form is specifically
three lines long. The first and third line are exactly five syllables long,
and the middle line is exactly seven syllables long. Examples of haiku can
be found here.
careful count, but need not rhyme
double check your work
and now, yours:
[Chemsitry Poem score sheet][MHS