Balance the following chemical reactions:
- _____H2 + _____O2 ®
- _____AlBr3 + _____O2 ®
_____Al2O3 + _____Br2
- _____H2 + _____N2 ®
- _____Fe + _____HCl ® _____FeCl3
- _____N2O4 ®
- _____KClO3 ® _____KCl
- _____NaOH + _____H2SO4 ®
_____Na2SO4 + _____H2O
For the following questions, letters in brackets refer to the reactions above.
- What are the values associated with STP?
- What volume does one mole of any gas occupy at STP?
- [a] How many moles of water are formed per mole of oxygen?
- [d] How many moles of hydrochloric acid are needed to form one mole of
- [e] How many moles of NO2 can be formed from 5 moles
of dinitrogen tetroxide?
- [b] How many grams of aluminum (III) oxide can be formed from 1.5 moles
of aluminum (III) bromide?
- [g] How many grams of gallium (III) carbonate are needed to form 0.55 moles
of gallium (III) oxide?
- [f] How many grams of potassium chloride can be formed from 92.4 g of potassium
- [c] How many grams of hydrogen are required to react with 63.0 grams of
- [c] How many liters of ammonia can be formed from 4.0 moles of nitrogen?
- [d] How many liters of hydrogen gas can be formed from 5.58 grams of iron?
- [e] How many liters of N2O4 are
required to form 113.2 L of NO2?
- [c] How many moles of ammonia can be formed from 6 moles of nitrogen and
4 moles of hydrogen?
- [b] How many grams of bromine can be formed from 81.0 grams of aluminum
(III) bromide combining with 24.0 grams of oxygen gas? Hint: is there just
enough of each?
- [h] How many moles of sodium hydroxide are needed to complete neutralize
(react with) 3.0 moles of sulfuric acid (hydrogen sulfate)?
- [h] What volume of 0.5 molar NaOH would be needed to produce 2.0 moles of
- [d] If 50.0 g of HCl react to form 40.0 g of FeCl3,
what is the percent yield?
- [b] What is the percent yield if 25 g of AlBr3 and
25 g of O2 react to form 2.5 g of Al2O3?
[Chapter 11 Notes][MHS